Ryder and Workhorse: NextGen Solutions for the Transportation Industry
As advanced vehicle technology continues to change the landscape of the transportation industry, the Ryder and Workhorse partnership strives to improve fleets through providing sustainable and cost-effective solutions to keep businesses moving and lower costs. Through the partnership, Ryder will also be the primary distributor of the E-100 battery-electric, E-GEN® range-extended electric vehicle and W-15 electric pick-up*.
About the Vehicles
E-100 & E-GEN Step Van
Range-Extended E-Gen Model offers significant fuel and maintenance savings, while providing uncompromised performance for your fleet.
- Range (from plug): 60 miles / Extended Range: 90 miles / Total Range: 150 miles
- Battery Pack: 60 kWh
- Gross Vehicle Weight: 19,500 lbs
- Available Wheelbases: 157 & 178
- Top Speed 67 mph (Electronically Limited)
- Motor Power: 268 hp / Motor Torque: 1620 ft. lbs.
The Workhorse W-15 is the first plug-in range extended electric pick-up built from the ground up by an OEM. Lithium ion battery cells from Panasonic provide an 80 mile all electric range, while the onboard generator works to recharge while driving
- All Electric Range: 80 miles / Hybrid Range: 310 miles
- MPG All Electric: 75 miles
- MPG with Range Extender: 28 miles (highway), 32 miles (city)
- Motor Power: 460 hp
- Payload capacity 2,200 lbs.
- Towing capacity 5,000 lbs.
* Preliminary Specifications. All information estimated. Available in 2018